This year, WORLD will be teaming up with AHF on Thursday, February 12th at Laney College in Oakland to promote the use of condoms as a means of preventing unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STI’s)
We hope to see you there!
International Condom Day Facts
- According to the CDC, 1 in 20 Americans will get infected with hepatitis B (HBV) some time during their lives. Hepatitis B is 100 times more infectious than HIV.
- There are more than 19.7 million new Sexually Transmitted Infections in the U.S. each year. (Source: CDC)
- By twelfth grade, 65% of high school students will have engaged in sexual intercourse, and one in five sexually active teens will have had four or more sexual partners.
- The use of Condoms make for the only proven method for reducing the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STI’s) during sex.
- 5 billion condoms are used every year, worldwide.