Find out what we learned at our Legislative Update in honor of #NWGHAAD!
WORLD’s “Lunch and Learn: A Legislative Briefing on What’s Happening with Women, Girls and HIV,” an event in honor of National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day took place yesterday, featuring presentations from:
• Dr. Demisha Burns, Deputy District Director, Congresswoman Barbara Lee
• Carroll Fife, Oakland City Councilmember, District 3
• Yamini Oseguera-Bhatnagar, MPH, Program Manager, East Bay Getting to Zero
• Ingrid Floyd, Interim Executive Director, WORLD
• Erika Ramirez, Program Coordinator, The Latina Center, and WORLD Leadership Institute Graduate
• Kayla Moore, Wellness Coordinator, Oakland LGBTQ Community Center; Creator & Lead Facilitator, Hey Queenz!
• Sareen Davidian, Associate Director of Global Creative Design, AIDS Healthcare Foundation (5 mins)
• Cassandra Falby, MS, LMFT
A full recording of the event is below. Thank you to all who participated!