Now Hiring: Associate Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full Time
Position: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director (AED) will be responsible for enhancing the internal organization processes, infrastructure and resources that will allow WORLD to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
To apply, send Resume, a Writing Sample, and Cover Letter to WORLD, Attention: Executive Director at [email protected], or submit an application at https://www.aidshealth.org/#/about/careers/
The AED will oversee the following functions:
- Research, recommend and implement the annual fund development strategy for WORLD in partnership with the ED, with support from the management team.
- Identification of major new funding opportunities for WORLD and management of processes to respond, leading on proposal/bid development or major funding relationships where appropriate.
- Management of the Development Strategy: Implement fundraising plan, and work to develop, monitor and evaluate a set of fundraising objectives that advance WORLD’s strategic aims.
- Support Development consultant and ED in prioritizing major donor income streams for analysis, and contribute to this analysis where appropriate.
- Research the feasibility of consultancy, fee for service and federal government service contract funding as an income stream for WORLD.
- Identify staffing skills sets needed to increase organization-wide fundraising and project development capacity and design and deliver a training program to support this.
- Monitor and carry out risk assessment on proposed new revenue diversification and fund development strategy and the annual business development plan.
Financial Management and Oversight
Working with the Executive Director and Finance consultant, in consultation with AHF Finance Department, oversee all financial and business planning activities, including:
- Financial oversight and monitoring of program and project budgets
- Review and analyze financial reports as assigned
- Support organizational budgeting process
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics.
- Oversee business policies and accounting practices
- Ensure that relevant financial data is presented to the ED and management team.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
- Business insurance: procurement, monitoring and management
- Information technology – working with Operations Manager and in consultation with AHF information technology, ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, and ASP applications
- Organizational reporting and monitoring: provide guidance and leadership through management of WORLD metrics and measurement reporting process
- Board of directors – working with the ED, provide staff support to the WORLD fiduciary and advisory boards and act as staff liaison to relevant board committees
Working with the Operations Manager and in consultation with AHF Human Resources, oversee the human resource function for WORLD, including:
- Oversight of human resource and benefits management policy and implementation in consultation with AHF HR department and the Operations Manager.
- Professional training and development, including new employee orientation
- Retention strategies
- Regulatory oversight and legal compliance
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA preferred
- Strong operational experience: ideally has worked in a senior management role for 10+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading to at least three years experience in executive level operational/administrative management and direct staff supervision
- Demonstrated experience in business and financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing program services, human resources, information technology, and legal
- Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning; demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage both operational and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of WORLD
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a dynamic, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
To be considered, please send a resume, writing sample and cover letter that tells us about your passion for and commitment to our mission to [email protected] Search open until filled. No phone calls please.
WORLD is an Equal Opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people living with HIV, women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBT communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.