Count Us In! California Campaign

The Count Us In! California Campaign is part of a national advocacy campaign focused on mobilizing HIV-positive women and allied communities to increase community-level awareness of the critical issues impacting women-centered care and services encouraging those individuals to take action. Get involved in these two ways: Take our survey to determine the perceptions and impacts of healthcare reform implementation on your HIV …

Bay Area International AIDS Conference Delegation official send-off to Washington DC

On behalf of Women Organized to Respond to Life-threatening Diseases (WORLD), we would like to invite you to the Bay Area International AIDS Conference Delegation official send-off to Washington DC which will take place Tuesday, July 10th, 2012, from 5:30-8:00 PM at Oakland City Hall Hearing Room 2. This exciting event will commemorate the two-year anniversary of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, celebrate the release of the Shadow City Coalition document, …

A Night to Remember: Celebrating Positive Action for Positive Women

If you missed WORLD’s 20th Anniversay celebration in March, you really missed a special event. But fear not, you can catch some of the excitement, warmth, and love in this slide show, courtesy of eurydicegalka.com, on behalf of the Levi’s Foundation – click to view more images: “I was dead when I got to WORLD, but it has saved my life,” …

WORLD to Receive the Sylester Flowers Innovative Leadership Award

WORLD has been selected as the 2012 Sylester Flowers Innovative Leadership Award recipient! We feel honored to receive such a prestigious award. Please join us at the Flowers Heritage Foundation Spring Gala and “Don’t Turn Your Back on AIDS”  Awards Ceremony on Thursday, April 26, from 6-9pm at the Bently Reserve in San Francisco.

Message from the IHS Director for National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

This Tuesday, March 20, marks the 6th observance of National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. This day is set aside to acknowledge that HIV continues to threaten the health and well-being of our Native communities and to recognize the role that we all have in addressing this critical health issue. As of 2008, 3,629 American Indians and Alaska Natives have been …

Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day: An Opportunity to Support our Sisters!

Human Rights Campaign March 9, 2012 This guest post is from Kathie Hiers, Chief Executive Officer of AIDS Alabama and member of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS I was recently watching an old Saturday Night Live from 1977 in which the news anchors ofWeekend Update, Jane Curtin and Dan Aykroyd, were heatedly debating the issue of women’s reproductive health rights.  I …